The Caltech Sites content management system (CMS) has all the features that have become standard for a modern CMS:
- Ability for multiple users to edit content
- Editing content with a rich text editor (no need to learn HTML)
- Document handling (Supports PDFs, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Image upload and editing
- Saving drafts for review before publishing
And Caltech Sites has some Caltech-specific features including the ability to:
- Display calendar events from www.caltech.edu within your site
- Display news articles from www.caltech.edu within your site
- Restrict pages to users "on campus"
- Restrict pages to users who log in with their access.caltech credentials
- Embed Microsoft Forms on pages in your site
The main advantage of using Caltech Sites to build your lab or department site is that we provide a Caltech-specific visual design so you can focus on your content. To find out what blocks are available, look at www.caltech.edu. Most of the blocks you see there are available for use on your web site.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include a link to the page or site you are inquiring about.
NOTE: This site's instructions apply only to the current Caltech theme. If the header and footer on your site don't look like the ones here, your site uses the old theme.